COVID-19 Information

Residential Information

Real estate tax:  The Chisago County Assessor's Office (651-257-1300) can provide information on how property taxes are calculated.

House Numbers must be posted and clearly visible from the street.

New Property Owners: Your annual property tax statement is prepared and mailed each spring by Chisago County. For new homeowners, you must go to the Chisago County Assessor's Office to homestead your property. To contact Chisago County you can call 651-257-1300, or write 313 North Main Street, Center City, Minnesota 55012. Chisago County needs the legal description of your property or the property identification number to check tax records.

Animal control is contracted to Countryside Animal. All dogs over six months of age must be licensed and leashed; animal nuisance ordinances are enforced. Dogs are not allowed to run at large at any time. Dogs are not allowed off the owners premises unless properly leashed. Dog owners are required to clean up after their pets. Frequent loud barking, howling, or yelping is prohibited. Annual licenses cost $10 and may be obtained at City Hall.  To report dog issues, call Chisago County Dispatch at 651-674-7033.

Bicycles: Bicycle riders must ride with the traffic. Bicycles are not required to be licensed in North Branch. You are encouraged, however, to register your bicycle with the State of Minnesota.

Burning: Recreational fires are allowed in a fire pit without a permit (no larger than 3' X 3' X 3'). All other burning requires a burning permit, which may be obtained at City Hall. You are allowed to burn agricultural products. Burning of other materials is prohibited.  Electronic open burning permits can be purchased from the MN DNR at   All permits must be activated by telephone prior to burning.

Daycare: For information on daycare facilities, call Chisago County, or consult the local newspaper.

Home | About Us

Popular Links: Home Opportunity Zone

Copyright © City of North Branch, MN.