Volunteer Police Reserve Officer
This program gives citizens a unique opportunity to volunteer their service and to assist the North Branch Police Department with a variety of tasks including:
- Participating at department and community civic events
- Assisting with natural/man-made disasters
- Taking part in crime prevention activities and educational programs
- Handling a variety of non-emergency/non-criminal calls for service (public assist, motorist assists, animal complaints, vehicle lock-outs, etc.) when directed by a licensed law enforcement officer
- Conducting routine business, residence, and park checks
- Assisting at medicals when directed by a licensed law enforcement officer
- Providing traffic direction and crowd control at incident scenes and special events
- Patrolling city via squad car, bicycle, and on foot
- Transporting evidence to BCA
- Delivering paperwork to the county attorney's office
- Transporting suspects, witnesses, victims, etc.
Police Reserve Officers are non-licensed and non-paid volunteers who are willing to provide volunteer hours at the North Branch Police Department on a regular basis. This position provides for a great opportunity for those who are considering or currently pursuing a career in law enforcement and for those individuals who are in other careers and wish to serve their community. All individuals who meet the minimum section requirements are encouraged to apply:
- All members must be U.S. Citizens
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must possess a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must successfully pass the screen process, including a written application, oral interview and background/ criminal history check.
To apply for this position, please submit a City of North Branch Employment Application Form to:
North Branch Police Department
Attn: Sgt. Richard Sapp
6408 Elm St.
North Branch, MN 55056
Applications are accepted all year.