To vote by absentee ballot you must be an eligible voter. You may vote absentee by mail or in person at the Chisago County Auditor's Office in Center City.
Note: Please try to allow at least seven days to complete this process.
The application can be obtained from the Chisago County Auditor (651) 257-8500 or on the Secretary of State’s website. The completed application must be returned to the Chisago County Auditor, 313 North Main Street, Room 271, Center City, MN 55012. You can also complete an online Absentee Ballot Application from the Secretary of State's website.
After your application has been submitted to the Chisago County Auditor or been completed online an Absentee Ballot will be mailed to the address on your application. Absentee Ballots are available 46 days prior to Election Day. If you are not registered to vote, voter registration information will be included with your application.
Once you receive your Absentee Ballot follow the enclosed instruction carefully and return your Ballot as soon as possible. You will need a witness to certify that your ballot was delivered to you blank and you marked your ballot in private. The witness can be anyone registered to vote in Minnesota including your spouse or relative, a notary public, or a person with the authority to administer oaths. It must be received by the Chisago County Auditor by Election Day, or it will not be counted. There are four ways you can return your Absentee Ballot:
- Mail back your Ballot in the pre-paid envelope provided by the Chisago County Auditor.
- Up until 5 p.m. the day before the Election you may deliver your ballot in person to the Chisago County Auditor.
- You may have someone return your completed Ballot, sealed in its envelope, to the Chisago County Auditor until 3 p.m. of Election Day. Persons delivering Ballots may not do so for more than three voters.
- If you are worried about your ballot not arriving on time using First Class mail, you may choose to pay for package delivery service to return your Ballot. Ballots must be received by the Chisago County Auditor by 3 p.m. on Election Day.
Note: Your ballot may NOT be delivered directly to your polling place.
You may vote absentee in person at the Chisago County Auditor’s Office, 313 North Main Street, Center City, during the 46 days prior to Election Day. You may complete the Absentee Ballot Application, register to vote (with proper ID), and vote the ballot all at the same time. Hours for absentee voting are:
- Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday Prior to Election Day 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Monday Prior to Election Day 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.