We are pleased to continue to be here to serve you during these stressful and trying times. Our goal is to provide the best service possible while keeping our residents and employees all as safe as possible. This page will be updated with regular intervals with information related to City and other resources that would be beneficial to the residents.
COVID-19 Information Resources
COVID-19 Emergency Relief Loan:
The City of North Branch & its Economic Development Authority (EDA) with the generosity of East Central Energy created a COVID-19 Emergency Relief Loan Program to assist struggling businesses due to COVID-19.
City Of North Branch Update As Of May 26, 2020:
- This is for existing business located in the City of North Branch.
- Loans will be subject to interest accruing at the Wall Street Journal prime rate in effect on the date the loan is funded; however, interest will not accrue for the first 6 months from the date the loan is funded.
- Maximum loan amount is $5,000 per business and maximum term is 4 years
- A promissory note and personal guaranty are required for security.
- Funds will be released after required documents have been signed and the City Council approves the loan.
- Click on the Application Link To Apply: Application
- Contact Community Development Director Vita at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651.674.8113 for more information.
- For now, the City of North Branch is conducting business as usual, but with a few caveats. City hall remains open from 8:00 – 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday.
- City Of North Branch is still open for Public with social distancing in place. Employees and the public are expected to follow guidelines for respiratory etiquette, to perform frequent hand washing, and to maintain a distance of 6 feet from others when present in city buildings.
- City staff are cleaning and sanitizing counters, doors, restrooms and any surfaces that are frequently touched.
Our parks and outdoor open spaces are open for public use as they are an essential resource for the health and wellness of our residents. People are asked to use park amenities like playground structures, benches, picnic tables and water fountains at their own risk, while keeping in mind these items are not sanitized.
Safely enjoying city parks and trails during this time is encouraged and the National Recreation and Park Association offers the following tips to practice social distancing while doing so:
- Do not use parks or trails if you are feeling ill
- Observe the CDC’s minimum recommended social distancing of six feet from others at all times
- Avoid social gatherings at parks including picnicking, sports and other group hangouts
- Follow the CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to and after visiting parks or trails
- Share the trail and warn other users of your presence and as you pass
- Be prepared for limited access to public restrooms and/or water fountains
- MnDNR and MDH COVID-19 Outdoor Recreation, Facilities and Public Guidelines
- Council and commission meetings will proceed as scheduled. The public is asked to view meetings remotely, via the cable channel or via the internet. If the public wishes to communicate with council members such as through the public comment portion of the meeting, please email your message to City Administrator at email@example.com. The message will either be emailed to the individual council members or read at the next regular council meeting. If we cannot protect the public, employees or the council members, meetings will be cancelled following consultation with the mayor. Check the calendar for the latest information about council, commission and committee meetings at http://northbranchcitymn.iqm2.com/citizens/default.aspx
- If there are confirmed outbreaks of the virus in the North Branch area and/or Chisago County, City Administrator will work with the county, the state Department of Health and the city department heads to determine the level of risk to the employees, council and the public related to city services.
- If we determine there is a risk to anyone concerned, those who can work remotely will do so.
- Public works services will be provided to the extent they can be provided without direct contact or with limited contact with the public.
- The building department will limit inspections to those absolutely necessary to prevent undue delays in construction, but our building official can refuse to provide inspections if he believes that his health or that of staff could be at risk if the inspection were completed.
- Electronic submission of plans is encouraged.
- The PD and FD will follow the health department protocols for public contact with individuals exhibiting symptoms and will follow any other protocols established for first responders.
City Of North Branch Municipal Liquor Stores Update As Of May 26, 2020:
Liquor store hours vary, but both stores remain open as per their posted schedules. Check out our Municipal North Branch Liquor website at http://www.northbranchliquors.com/
BOTH LOCATIONS OF NORTH BRANCH LIQUORS will expand walk-in service closing hours of operation for the next 3 weeks for customer convenience. We will evaluate this expansion of hours during that time, and make adjustments as necessary. The later opening hours will remain in place so staff has sufficient time for sanitizing surfaces before opening the stores.
In keeping with our already implemented social distancing, and new respiratory etiquette practices, we are requesting that customers wear face masks while shopping in the stores. Masks are not required but strongly encouraged.
TEMPORARY EAST STORE 1 HOURS
Sunday 11 am – 6 pm
Monday 10 am – 9 pm
Tuesday 10 am – 9 pm
Wednesday 10 am – 9 pm
Thursday 10 am – 10 pm
Friday 9 am – 10 pm
Saturday 9 am – 10 pm
TEMPORARY WEST STORE 2 HOURS
Sunday 11 am – 6 pm
Monday 9 am – 9 pm
Tuesday 9 am – 9 pm
Wednesday 9 am – 9 pm
Thursday 9 am – 9 pm
Friday 9 am – 10 pm
Saturday 9 am – 10 pm
Hours at both locations on Monday, May 25 Memorial Day will be our Holiday hours of 10 am - 6 pm
Determination of the need for further expanding hours in the coming weeks will be made as we are able to accommodate them with proper staffing levels.
Thank you for your continued support of your local municipal liquor store!
US & International Websites:
Minnesota State Related Official Websites: